Trump cancels Secret Service protections for former president’s adult children, Hunter and Ashley Biden

 March 18, 2025

President Donald Trump has removed Secret Service protection from Hunter Biden, Breitbart reported. This comes as the son of former President Joe Biden has been vacationing in South Africa as Trump spars with its leaders over treatment of its citizens.

Trump also revoked the Secret Service protection from the former president’s adult daughter, Ashley Biden. Protecting the adult children of the president isn’t part of the stated mission of the agency.

The Secret Service website says it protects “the president, the vice president, (or other individuals next in order of succession to the Office of the President), the president-elect and vice president-elect.” Minor children under 16 are included in that description as well.

Beyond that, visiting dignitaries are also given protection. The Secret Service says it’s charged with guarding “heads of foreign states or governments and their spouses traveling with them” plus “other distinguished foreign visitors.”

Trump’s argument

Trump explained the move on his Truth Social platform on Monday. “Hunter Biden has had Secret Service protection for an extended period of time, all paid for by the United States Taxpayer,” the president wrote.

”There are as many as 18 people on this Detail, which is ridiculous! He is currently vacationing in, of all places, South Africa, where the Human Rights of people has been strenuously questioned,” Trump added.

“Because of this, South Africa has been taken off our list of Countries receiving Economic and Financial Assistance. Please be advised that, effective immediately, Hunter Biden will no longer receive Secret Service protection,” Trump continued.

“Likewise, Ashley Biden, who has 13 agents, will be taken off the list,” the president added. Although he fathered four children, Joe Biden’s son, Beau Biden, and daughter, Naomi Biden, are both deceased.

Ongoing tension

Whether it figured into his decision or not, it’s noteworthy that the news came as Hunter Biden traveled to South Africa. As Fox News reported, the 55-year-old is vacationing in a nation that Trump has taken on over the treatment of its citizens.

South Africa has laws that allow it to arbitrarily seize land from citizens without compensation or recourse. Trump has also accused the nation of being anti-White.

Moreover, South Africa supports Iran and sided with Hamas in the Palestinian terror group’s war with Israel. This led to Trump’s accusations in the post about Hunter Biden’s visit.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio expressed a similar viewpoint last week, stating the South African ambassador “is no longer welcome" in the U.S. The nation’s top diplomat, Ebrahim Rasool, similarly accused Trump of a “supremacist instinct” in another provocation.

Hunter Biden should not visit nations that are hostile to any group of citizens. He also shouldn’t be relying on the government to provide for his protection indefinitely, especially while visiting places hostile to the U.S. point of view.

© 2025 - Patriot News Alerts