This story was originally published by the WND News Center.
President Donald Trump on Monday escalated the world's war against the terrorists of Hamas, who still are keeping hostages in their underground compounds, by calling for a noon Saturday deadline for them all to be released.
Sticking a fork in the Middle East routine of terrorists capturing innocent civilians and then releasing a few at a time as they make more and more demands, Trump said he wants all of the remaining hostages released or "all hell is going to break out."
Now, Fox News reports Trump's comments were followed by a strong endorsement from Israel's security cabinet.
The report explained, "The declaration comes after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened his security cabinet Tuesday after Hamas announced it is delaying the next release of Israeli hostages."
Netanyahu said, in a statement, "The decision I passed in the Cabinet unanimously is this: If Hamas does not return our hostages by Saturday noon – the ceasefire will end, and the IDF will resume intense combat until Hamas is decisively defeated."
The latest version of the war between the Hamas terrorists and Israel has been going on since Oct. 7, 2023, when Hamas invaded Israel and slaughtered, often in horrific fashion such as burning whole families alive, some 1,200 civilians. At the time the terrorists also took hundreds hostage.
Netanyahu said, "In light of Hamas' announcement of its decision to violate the agreement and not release our hostages, I instructed the IDF last night to amass forces inside and around the Gaza Strip. This operation is currently underway and will be completed as soon as possible."
He also said he welcomed Trump's "revolutionary vision" for Gaza, where Hamas has maintained control and a stronghold for years. Trump's plan is to remove most of the residents of Gaza so the parcel can be cleared of wreckage, then rebuilt.
Trump insists on the release by Hamas of "all" hostages, "not in drips and drabs."
Hamas just a day earlier had complained about Israel and said it would delay the next planned release of hostages. It accused Israel of violating a ceasefire as the reason.
Hamas officials also complained they were denied "relief supplies."
Under the agreement that had been put in place, Hamas has given up 21 hostages in exchange for more than 730 Palestinian prisoners who were convicted of crimes and jailed.
In what could be another significant advance on a less violent Middle East, Jordan's king met with Trump Tuesday promising to take 2,000 Palestinian children with medical issues. He also said he is meeting soon with Israel's Arab neighbors to discuss relocating Palestinians out of Gaza.
Jordan's Abdullah II told Trump, "I truly believe, with all the challenges that we have in the Middle East, that I finally see somebody that can take us across the finish line to bring stability, peace, and prosperity to all of us in the region."