'Pay a price': Israel pounds Gaza terrorists as Hamas abandons hostage-release plan

 March 18, 2025

This story was originally published by the WND News Center.
Airstrikes reported on multiple locations overnight

Military operations have been resumed by Israel against Hamas in Gaza after the terror group abandoned the jointly adopted schedule for releasing hostages.

A report at EndTimesHeadlines said the ceasefire, which had been brokered with international mediation, ended because "Hamas refused to release additional hostages."

The brokered ceasefire also had allowed Israel to release some prisoners and humanitarian aid to be delivered to Gaza.

The ceasefire involved Hamas turning over Israeli and foreign hostages in exchange for Palestinian prisoners. Some of the hostages Hamas released already were dead, and Palestinians thronged in the streets as their coffins were paraded through.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had warned the war will continue until all hostages are freed and Hamas' military abilities dismantled.

The war was triggered by Hamas decision to invade Israel Oct. 7, 2023, and slaughter, often in horrific ways, some 1,200 Israeli civilians. Hamas also kidnapped hundreds and these are the people who are hostages.

Israel has estimated there still are dozens of hostages held by the terror organization.

Reports overnight said there were casualties as Israel delivered airstrikes on Gaza City and Khan Younis.

"Israeli officials say these strikes are aimed at eliminating Hamas leadership and dismantling underground tunnel networks used by militants," the report said.

According to the Washington Examiner, the airstrikes killed "hundreds."

Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar said, "We had no alternative but to give the order to re-open fire. If we could achieve the same goals in a different way, fine. But if it's impossible to advance that way, you resume military operations."

Hamas confirmed the deaths of four chiefs, including Bahjat Abu Sultan, a leader of Hamas's internal security body, and Issam Da'alis, a member of Hamas's Gaza leadership.

The report said the Gaza Health Ministry, run by Hamas, claimed the death toll was 400.

© 2025 - Patriot News Alerts